Who we are: Cooper Equipment Rentals Ltd. is a full-service construction equipment rental company, servicing contractors across Canada. We specialize in the rental of compact, aerial and heavy construction equipment while providing a wide range of supplies, along with unparalleled service and support. And we’re growing!
Perks: Just a few reasons to join our amazing team include competitive salary and benefits, benefit premiums are completely paid by the company, and we’re a fun-loving organization with strong social responsibility.
Who we’re looking for: The Strategic Sourcing Manager is primarily responsible for leading the RFx processes for approved rental fleet CAPEX and managing supplier relationships. The role will ensure contracting and procurement standards are maintained throughout Cooper Equipment Rentals. The Strategic Sourcing Manager capitalizes on regional volumes to maximize value and fosters strong working relationships with internal customers and vendors.
- Manage the procurement process for goods and services, develop tendering and proposal documents;
- Prepare detailed analysis, related staff reports and bid administration;
- Negotiate, execute, and manage vendor contracts;
- Collaborate with the internal leadership and vendors to finalize pricing agreements;
- Contract governance including managing and measuring performance of suppliers; development of SLAs/KPIs; conducting business reviews;
- Facilitate vendor performance reviews in conjunction with operations teams;
- Responsible for communication, coordination and implementation of local and regional sourcing initiatives;
- Lead Regional Managers through the budget CAPEX process, from planning to execution of orders.
- Work with Operations and Support teams to utilize standardized, effective, and scalable processes to bring additional value to supply chain services;
- Develop efficient and consistent documents and practices;
- Research best practices and make recommendations for procurement related processes, policies and procedures;
- Oversee vendor rebates and communicate regularly to CFO;
- Arrange equipment trials, site visits, and presentations;
- Facilitate equipment, product and service issue resolution with operations teams and vendors;
- Manage lead times and overdue orders, following-up as necessary;
- Partner with Finance department and the field to ensure invoice amounts are both accurate and paid on time;
- Oversee new equipment shipping and customs/brokerage;
- Provide support for special projects and initiatives;
- Co-ordinate and/or provide on-going purchasing training to employees on needs identification, effective specification requirements, evaluation criteria, liability and risk for bid document formulation.
- 3-5 years of experience in supply chain;
- Customs and Duties experience considered an asset;
- Bachelors degree in Business or related area of study, or equivalent experience;
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with the team;
- Proven relationship building and negotiations skills;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and under tight deadlines;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
Please note, to be considered for this position applicants should currently be residing in Canada and legally entitled to work.
Mississauga, Ontario - Canada
Cooper Equipment Rentals
Strategic Sourcing Manager
April 14, 2022